Saturday, February 16, 2008

Kindling



My newest toy. Highly recommend it except the buttons for "next page" are way too large. Try holding the device without accidently hitting the buttons - almost impossible unless you use the case. I'm sure this will be fixed in Kindle 2.0. But being able to instantly download books is perfect for someone like me who wants it now, now, NOW. I won't give up my library card because free is better than paying for a book. But I love the Kindle for traveling about. You can easily carry multiple books with you and even access the internet. Can't wait to go on vacation with my Kindle instead of suitcase full of books. Because you have to bring at least one book for each day you're away, right?


One of my first downloads was a complete set of all the Sherlock Holmes stories and novels.

I enjoy Sherlock Holmes stories, both the original and some of the pastiches. My first Kindle book read was Study in Scarlet and it seemed shorter than I remembered but maybe that was because I was clicking through the pages so quickly to see what happened next.
Now I just need to wait for the Hello Kitty model . . .



No comments: